Thursday, July 11, 2013

Smile

I'm only smiling
Please don't talk to me
Can't you see my pearly whites
Everything is just peachy
No need for comfort
No need for medicine
Can't you see I'm happy
That the walls are closing in
That time is marching slower
An IV acid drip
Courses like knives
in some gross milk
Look close, I can't hide
I can't shut my windows
Thieves still break in
And mess up all my drawers
I can't help it, I'm lonely
So I refuse to lock them
But the pearly gates are sealed
Holding my forked beast
That so easily would betray
The one that brushes it everyday
I'm smiling for you
Isn't that enough
Your etiquette is satisfied
You've been polite long enough
Please my face is hurting
I can't take it much longer
Plus I know you can't handle
What I have to offer
Waking free in a cell
Created by my own desire
All trust ripped away
On one single night
So I beg you please
Take this smile and leave
And when you find me tomorrow
Can you place the mask back on
I guess I should be smiling
When I go to meet God
I know I can't trick Him
But maybe I can fake it
And Mom always wanted
An open casket
                        -Quasimodo

No comments:

Post a Comment