Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Happy Christmas

Is it that time of year again?
Happy Christmas.
I used to like Christmas songs
I used to love them
All month long
101.1
Old Bing can belt them well
Spread holiday cheer
What happened
Can't stand the noise
I'm no Grinch
I'm no Strooge
Is that what Christmas is all about?
Charlie Brown
It's been what?
25 Christmases
Coincidence
50 more? Maybe
Super Size me
Get it over with
Please don't give me a gift
For the love of Christ
You did...
Damn...
Snowed in with "love"
Ungrateful I know
It's for them
Not for you
Justified
Smile and thank
Like momma taught you
Christmas alone
With everyone all around
Happy Christmas, the walls came down
Is that what they want
Stop the staring
Happy Christmas, your alone
Your babe
In the arms of another manger
Waking to that monetary splendor
Where is Santa when you need him
Never where you think
Sorry I have to turn this down
I can't stand the jingles anymore
No more lectures
it's Christmas
So shut the door when you leave
Fa la la la la,
La la la la

-Quasimodo

No comments:

Post a Comment