Monday, September 22, 2014

The Importance of being Unimportant

The fish swims
To the water of its birth
To fulfill the meaning
Of its meaningless existence
To mate and create
Another batch of fish
That will swim down stream
Only to swim back
To start the process over again
The fish fights off death
In order to spawn
Only to die shortly after
Why such effort?
Why the cycle of death and birth?
To birth or to die
Such risk suffered or maybe not
A risk one takes in order to feel alive
Not to die
Is that the great sin of our parents?
To birth and continue the absurd
Have I committed a crime against her?
I brought her to existence, her life was my choice
What do I tell her to do?
When existence is pointless
For her to birth again and continue
The ancestral line
I birthed, I die, She will birth and then die
Are we here by choice?
I came here by theirs
Only to swim back upstream
Rinse and repeat
Cycles cleanse such as the water
The cycle of humanity
Taken into heaven to be brought back pure
Here to purge our instincts
Or partake of the fruit
To purge out the man
Or to indulge in it
Why do I keep waking in the morning?
When I could barely survive yesterday
I can’t do better today
For tomorrow will only be filled with regret
Cycle must purge the regret and accept
Existence is pointless
So why bother exist
Forgive me my child
I sinned in ignorance
But I will not abandon you to the wilderness
I will suffer the existence with you
Or you with me
You the salt of this existence
That tastes like a McDonald’s #3
Giving birth is selfish
So as to not be alone

To carry the heavy load
                 -Quasimodo

No comments:

Post a Comment